Wednesday, January 30, 2008

First Trip to the Groomers




Here are the promised pics from her first trip to the groomers. They gave her a pretty little bow and one of the worst haircuts I have ever seen. I could not get a good photo of the haircut but the cut her hind quarters so that her hair was sticking up at three different angles. She had two big cowlicks on her rump!! I guess it is somewhat fitting, but she has not been near any cows lately... They also cut down her fur on her hind legs (I like to call them "mudflaps") more than I would have liked. It has all grown back to a reasonable state and she sure smells alot better, so all in all it was worth the trip. The girls at the groomers were delightful and as usual Kallie was the star of the show. "She is sooo cute for such a wild looking dog!!!" My wife is certain that the expressing of her anal glands has made all of the difference in the world and I would have to agree. She was stricken with a terrible case of coccidia when we adopted her and she had horrible diarhea for quite a while after she came home. I am sure that this let to some of the impacting of her anal glands. Either way she smells much better now.


We are excited that the rain has finally subsided for a few days. It has been nice been nice to have a leisurely stroll instead of a hurry up before it rains walk. We are going to brave the park tomorrow. We will see how soggy it still is. A little mud never hurt anybody anyhow...

3 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

Hi Kallie and Forester,

It was nice finally seeing the pictures-I see Kallie sits in the front seat like Velcro does!

I buy my jolly ball (also called a push-n-play) ball online, dogtoys.com has them-here is the link to the ball:

http://www.dogtoys.com/intm.html

I get her the 6" ball! The best $9 you will ever spend!!!

I don't know where in california you live-I'm in the LA area and i go herding every sunday. Terry Parrish, who owns Action K9 sports, comes up from Escondido(where her ranch is) and gives lessons to all the LA people. Otherwise obviously she's in Escondido-her website is:

http://www.actionk9sports.com/

if you call her do tell her that Penny and Velcro gave you the info. She's great! She'll give kallie an instinct test and then whatever you want to do from there is really up to you. We go every sunday (sometimes we drive down on saturdays to Escondido) to herd-we enter AKC and AHBA herding trials-it's a BLAST! love it! If you are in southern cal give her a call!!

I kinda liked the rain! But that's the scot in me!!

Let me know how everything goes!!

Penny and Velcro

Southbaygirl said...

Kallie-I gave you anaward this morning. Please check it out on my blog

Velcro

Southbaygirl said...

yeah Kallie-you're getting your jolly ball!!! I can't wait to see the video!! Let me know how you like it!!

velcro