Sunday, January 20, 2008





This vicious mutt is the newest addition to our family. This is Kallie. She is a one year old Australian Cattle Dog. What a bundle of energy she is. Why do they rip off the ears of all their new toys first? Anyone who owns an ACD will know what I am talking about...


She has been such a great addition that I felt compelled to give her a blog of her own. Maybe other ACD owners can share some tips on how they handle their dog's training and behavior and who knows, they may learn something from our experience. I would love to hear any stories and I welcome any advice on how to deal with this breeds many challenging behaviors. As we all know it pays to be creative when dealing with these extremely energetic and highly intelligent canines.


1 comment:

Robert Graham said...

Kallie seems like a great dog. I've experienced Cattle Dogs at the "Barn" where my wife keeps her horse and I know how active they can be... almost obsessive when it comes to fetching a stick. The crate is a great idea. With patience, I know you will have a great life with her...